- WANALA LANGUAGE FORUM 2018 24 Aug 2018
“The Language of Art & The Art of Language”
See the main WANALA Language Forum 2018 page for full information
The 2018 Western and Northern Aboriginal Alliance (WANALA) Forum will be held at Batchelor Institute of Indigenous Tertiary Education’s Batchelor Campus and the Wadeye Community from the 15th to the 19th October 2018.
The theme for this year’s forum ‘The Language of Art & The Art of Language’, is reflected in the forum program, with participants choosing from a variety of workshop streams including:
- Communication: Traditional and new communication methods. Message sticks. Men’s group
- Documenting language on-country. Mapping and stories using drones
- The language of art: cultural and political voices in our art
- Telling our stories: narration with visual resources
- Managing language centres: managing and sustaining language centres and language archives.
- Forum: Towards a Coalition 16 Jun 2016
As part of the June WANALA meeting in Alice Springs, a Forum was held to discuss a proposal for a national First Nations languages cymbalta coalition. The Forum was attended by about 40 people representing nearly 30 organisations … see the Forum ReportContinue reading →
- Scholarships for Indigenous Cultural Workers 02 May 2016
The National Museum of Australia has announced support for Scholarships for Indigenous Cultural Workers. These Scholarships will offer six people in the cultural, canadian pharmacy without prescription, creative or heritage sector from remote and regional communities hands on experience at the National Museum of Australia, The British Museum and the Prince’s School of Traditional Arts in the UK.
Get your application in by Monday 23rd May 2016.Continue reading →
- New Indigenous Languages and Arts funding announced 02 May 2016
2nd May 2016: the Indigenous Languages and Arts program (ILA) has announced new funding for projects and organisations that support Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander languages and without prescription pharmacy online arts. ILA will provide about $20 million each financial year.
In 2016-17, funding will be via two pathways: Open grants and Targeted grants.
Closing date for applications is 5pm AEST, Monday, 13 June 2016.
For more information and to apply, go to the ILA website.Continue reading →
- First Languages Australia seeks management committee members 25 Apr 2016
First Languages Australia is calling for Expressions of Interest from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants who are interested in taking a place on the Management Committee of First Languages Australia. See http://vhealthportal.com/product-category/antidepressants/ the full call for Expressions of Interest.
Preference will be given to applicants from Western Australia, Northern Territory, Torres Strait Islands and Tasmania.
First Languages Australia is the peak body engaged in national and international advocacy to support Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander language programs throughout Australia.
Three positions are open, one for each of the following portfolio areas:
- Youth engagement
- Health and social welfare
Please forward an Expression of Interest including a recent CV to email@example.com or phone 07 32863965 to discuss further.
For further information, see the full call for Expressions of InterestContinue reading →
- Wangka Maya first to complete new national language workers qualification 20 Apr 2016
14 Aboriginal people from seven language groups across the Pilbara were the first in Australia to complete a new nationally canadian pharmacy without prescription accredited Certificate III in Aboriginal Languages for Communities and Workplaces … read moreContinue reading →
- 2nd and final call for presentations – WANALA conference 12 Apr 2016
Announcing a second and final call for presentations at the 2016 WANALA Aboriginal Languages Conference.
Submissions close on Friday 22nd April 2016.
See this page for further information and the form for submitting your proposal.
See also the main conference page.Continue reading →
- WANALA conference, June 16-18 12 Apr 2016 Continue reading →
- WANALA meeting, June 1-2, Alice Springs 04 Jan 2016 Continue reading →
- National Framework for Aboriginal Languages and Torres Strait Islander Languages released 16 Dec 2015
The Australian Curriculum Framework for Aboriginal Languages and Torres Strait Islander Languages has been released. It is the first national curriculum document covering to Year 10 and providing a way forward for all schools in Australia to support the teaching and learning of Australian Indigenous languages. It includes a first language learner pathway, a language revival learner pathway, and a second language learner pathway.Continue reading →