“The Language of Art & The Art of Language”
See the main WANALA Language Forum 2018 page for full information
The 2018 Western and Northern Aboriginal Alliance (WANALA) Forum will be held at Batchelor Institute of Indigenous Tertiary Education’s Batchelor Campus and the Wadeye Community from the 15th to the 19th October 2018.
The theme for this year’s forum ‘The Language of Art & The Art of Language’, is reflected in the forum program, with participants choosing from a variety of workshop streams including:
- Communication: Traditional and new communication methods. Message sticks. Men’s group
- Documenting language on-country. Mapping and stories using drones
- The language of art: cultural and political voices in our art
- Telling our stories: narration with visual resources
- Managing language centres: managing and sustaining language centres and language archives.